Saturday, January 13, 2007

Of fun outings!

Hi y’all.
What a weekend so far! I was scheduled to take a half- day off on Friday, but by noon I was still busy finishing off some works which dragged me way past lunch hour and I ended leaving office at usual 5.30 pm. Headed straight to KL only to be stucked in massive Friday eve traffic jam along the Federal Highway. Instant decision was made and I diverted to Asia Jaya for an LRT ride into downtown instead. Arrived at Vistana Hotel and met Angah’s family with Raudhah asking endless questions on why I was so late. Haiyah! That girl really showing early signs of being a nag! Complete with hands on waist and her eyes rolling, too. Without further ado, we make ways to Tasik Titiwangsa for the evening highlight – Eyes on Malaysia! Have you been on the ride? It’s recently unveiled as an attraction in conjunction of Visit Malaysia Year 2007 and honestly, it’s quite impressive and exciting. The ride is smooth and the view is spectacular from the 60 meters-high suspended cabin. Be warned if you’re afraid of heights though, because it can make you feel queasy, I’m sure. Since we took the ride on night time, we only see the lights from surrounding buildings, famous KL landmarks like KLCC and the night view of KL skyline is actually not bad either. Shame I can’t take some nice pictures using Angah’s digital camera, as I didn’t work out the setting beforehand and I’m enjoying the ride too much to be busy with the setting! Another visit in daytime (and probably in weekdays!) would be fun as I love to know how far you’ll be able to see in daylight (if weather permit, that is!) After dinner in kg Bharu, I took the monorail & Putra LRT back to collect my car at PJ and headed home.

Bapak called me this morning and I practically jumping out of bed for shower and rushing to Vistana. Parked and bought a pack of expensive nasi lemak (RM5! it has fried chicken, but still!) from a nearby restaurant and headed to Angah’s room. And this time I finally brought ‘My Heart’ vcd which I secretly borrowed from Raudhah few weeks back and promised to return it back after she had asked me numerous time the whereabouts of the vcd every time we met! Tak bley tahan..

We then proceed for today’s plan – Zoo Negara! This is only my 3rd visit in a span of 20 years. I first went there with my school-visit while I was 9 yrs old and then visited again the zoo last 2 years with friends when we heard they opened at night time. And this time around, is by far most fun visit. The time spent with Raudhah and Jijie showing them around and together we ‘oohh’ and ‘aahhh’ at the animals. There were quite heavy drizzles of rain when we first arrived and 10 minutes later, weather clear off and we walk and walk and walk around the zoo while snapping pictures here and there. Raudhah laughed out loud when I said the giant tortoises are cramming inside their crib to watch tv and later she asked me why the elephant is turning himself into other direction (as in giving us his backside) and pissing there and there without going to toilet? Then, I laughed myself loud!
Jijie loved the Flamingos, (restless) leopard and he was unfazed at all while giving the carrots to the (very hungry) deers. My least favourite is the Reptile House as I can’t really stand to watch every boxes displaying snakes of every kind without feeling as if they are squirming around my neck! Gulp! And I so looking forward to see the Sumatra Tiger only to found out that he’s taking a nap at that time! Oi! Wake up la tiger! No amount of shouting managed to stir him from his slumber though. And yes, lion also sleeping next door. I wonder whether they probably got too much meat for lunch and you know what a heavy tummy done to your eyes, right?
Hippos are the cute lot, and there is also a new baby hippo! Monkeys as usual, are all aggressive in their cages and Jijie keep making ‘Hurrah‘ sounds as if he’s chasing the monkey away from stealing Nenek’s rambutan at home! We then took the train ride (pulled by tractor! Hehe) around the zoo area and later, headed out for a late lunch. I left them at hotel and drove home with a bundle of rambutans courtesy of Mak and smell of elephant dung linger on myself (no, there is no elephant dung on my t shirt, it’s just my mind – too much animals in a day did that to me!)

Tomorrow, I promise Angah for a shopping trip at Suria and then I’ll be having a get together with my favourite group of girls for lunch – old housemates from college days! Wreck havoc lot! we'll behave, I pwomise!

Listen : My Love - Justin Timberlake & TI

No comments: