Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mr. Tinkerman?..I'm not!

Urrghh..This html coding mumbo jumbo really testing my patience tonight. Hah! At least now I have a nice blue clock , able linking up some sites and a new template (new year, new template?). But how to get rid of that gray colour background from lower part of my side bar? (Aiyoh! Must get help from pro tomorrow!)

My left leg was cramped this morning and I was late for about 1 and 1/2 hour. Hmm..What about my new year resolution to be punctual everyday? well, you know.. shit happens.
In the evening there was a division meeting and The Boss asks us these 2 questions;

- What is your most important contribution to the division? And,
- What is it that you have not done in 2006 and will be doing in 2007?

Let me tell you it’s not that easy to answer them especially the first one. Honestly, I think because through out the year you felt like you’re trying your best to fulfill your responsibility by working together for the betterment of the department, hence it’s a bit tricky to actually single out most important contribution you’ve done in front of other colleagues without sound so important and know-it-all. In my opinion, most of us kinda tone-down our ‘contribution’ and mumble on something more general when answering the question. Or perhaps, it is not our culture to push our chest out (not literally! eh?) and lay down our contribution in words. But somehow it excites us if people noticed and give credit when we’ve done good, right? Well, all in all the boss highlights our weaknesses, pledge for improvement, remind us of our utmost motives yada..yada..yada..etc.

Later after work, I went to collect the dress to wear during our upcoming annual dinner in February. As part of the committee, we got to choose the special outfit and boy! The dress is so gorgeous! Enough said. Kinda looking forward to the event since this is my first time being part of the organizing committee. Although the works involved are not cheese cake either. Hmm..maybe I’ll post some pictures of me having good time during that night? We’ll see.

No comments: