Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Dream away


I had a weird dream recently. No, nothing's dirty about it :) in case you're wondering haha.
Right,

So I woke up (in my dream) because I felt kind of strong wind, sea breeze blowing to my face. Then, while still closing my eyes, I can hear the sound of waves lapping to the shore and birds chirping. I knew I am somewhere near the sea, on a beach precisely. But I'm positive that I've never been to one like this before. The smells of the saltwater hits my nose and my skin/face affirms that I'm indeed sleeping by the sea, you know the feeling of getting the 'salt on your skin'. I'm under a shady spot of many trees there and I think I'm alone, but I don't feel afraid or freak out, more like enjoying the moments and languishing the afternoon away. Then my alarm shattered all the bliss!Sheesh!

Dream aside, I will be happy to wake up on a place like this!

This is Mataking Island off the eastern coast of Sabah state (Malaysia have 2 states on Borneo Island - Sabah & Sarawak, while the rest of Borneo belongs to Indonesia & a little bit of Brunei). Would love to go to this island again and feast my eyes on the turquiose water, feel the calm and tranquility of the place. It really relaxing, I tell you that. Maybe my next trip there will see me embark on one thing that I wish I'd tried/take up/learn long time ago. Scuba Diving. For more on this lovely little charm island, go visit http://www.mataking.com/

Toodles.

Listen: The Sweetest Thing - U2

No comments: