Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Nope, I'm not losing you..

My little/baby/kid brother got married today. Apparently, he’s not a baby anymore now. Jai was born 5 years after me. As the youngest and the last of siblings he was spoilt rotten by everybody in the family. We are so close since we’re small and we shared so many things between us. I always feel like he is one of my best friends. He is someone that I can talk to and share about stuff. He listened, he got my points when I’m talking and as far as I’m concern, his opinion counts to me, and vice versa. He is, without doubt, the brainiest and smartest in the family. He scored much more excellent result in SPM examination (as compared to mine! Haha) and got accepted for A-level program and then to pursue his degree in Germany. After spent almost 7 years in Germany, he was back for good last year. Even though we were apart for many years, we did keep in touch and communicate as much possible over that period. He never changed. He is the same person I’ve known all my life. And when he’s here, if feels cool to just hang out with my all-grown-up brother and chill out together. He told me his secrets (stuff he doesn’t want our parents knows) and I do the same, all the time. He is my confidante. The secret keeper and staunch supporter too. I don’t feel like I’m losing him at all. If anything, I think we’ve grown much closer now. Although I feel bad and a bit guilty for not able to make it to his Nikah event today, we’re going to meet and rock his reception this Saturday. And although he got married earlier than me, he ‘gave’ me a younger sister that I never have! And I’m overjoyed. To Ada, Congratulation and welcome to the family.

Jai, I don't have any shred of doubt that you’ll be a great husband and father. I love you, Bro!

Mak and her beloved youngest boy!

Listen : Marry You - Bruno Mars

No comments: