Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another year..

Hola! Que tal?

Birthday keeps appearing so fast nowadays, y'all. It seems only few months ago when I celebrated one and tadaaa!! Today marking another year that has passed by. I’m overwhelmed with all the well wishes and prayers coming my way. Be it from family, friends and acquaintances all over the place. Even without presents, I’m overjoyed with their thoughts and the fact that they remember. If anything, I’m sure it’s the reminder on Facebook that does the job, but hey! One will actually have to do some clicking and typing at least, so it’s the effort that counts. Thanks people!
Owh, I know what I’m wishing for my birthday all right. But somehow, if they didn’t materialize or not happening according to my plan or wishes; then, its fine. I’ll work harder for it. But most of all, I’m thankful and feeling much gratitude to Allah swt for this life, health and chance to live another day. I’m not a rocket scientist or famous politician (not yet, anyway! haha) but I hope that by being a daughter, sister, girlfriend, work colleague, friend or mere an acquaintance to you, I do have given some (if not much) impact and made my mark in the life of people that matters to me.
I am far from perfect, though. Weaknesses, quirks and bad habits of mine are countless! Haha. But I’m trying my best. I think, there’s no stopping to strive for betterment and it’s not as if you’re looking to achieve no.1 spot in everything in this life. That will be boring; I mean, if you told yourself that you had arrived. Then what? Why so dead set trying to achieve so-called certain standards in life? Whose standard, anyway? I rather be imperfect and happy knowing that I still have so many things to improve and achieve in my life. Like that famous saying, ‘Change is the only constant thing in life’. Besides, I think being 34 is not so bad, eh?


My biggest birthday present last year turned 1 year old today!! Happy Birthday to Nadine Safiya, my god daughter who shared this special day with me. Mak Chah love you long time, Dutchess!


And this year biggest birthday present?? Of course la when my Brother got married and I got a new sister in law!




Listen : Secret - One Republic... and countless ' Happy Birthday' song :P

1 comment:

Madam Sooyaree said...

Erm.. birthday I 23rd July. Not too picky on presents, anything also can :D