Friday, June 12, 2009

'Miri' on my mind

My holiday plan to Phuket was scraped off this time. Again! Nothing new there. The only travel I’m doing these days seems to be for work, work and work related only. How boring. By next Monday, I should be at Miri. It is the second largest city in state of Sarawak on Borneo Island. A direct flight from Kuala Lumpur and crossing the South China Sea shall take about 2 hrs++. And honestly, Miri is ain’t that bad at all. I like it there more than Kuching (Sarawak State Capital). Somehow I found Miri is more laidback, relaxing and peaceful. And of course it’s also due to its location by the seaside. Where as in Kuching you’ll find a river that flows throughout the city and most areas are cramp as businesses and main activities tend to be around these area. In Miri, no traffic jam! Nada. Driving around is easy breezy. Eventhough, I’ve been there many times, sadly I haven’t been to Miri’s main attraction –Mulu Cave! It’s not because I’ll have to take another short plane ride to go there, it’s just I’m not a cave-loving person by nature. You see, I am actually a claustrophobic. I hate to be in a small, confine and closed area or space ..err like in a cave.(duh!) And I can’t stand the feeling of being trap like that. However, I’m still considering whether I should go check out the caves this time. Or else, there is also Niah Cave nearby; I think about 1 half hour’s drive from Miri. So what is your phobia? What is it that you’re afraid of?

1 comment:

ieyaa said...

sonok ye g miri...
dulu sali penah menetap di miri tau...
erm..nak g gak...hukhuk...