Monday, May 25, 2009

Spritzer Girl!


Have you watched a film titled ‘The Women’? okay, first off, I knew I was late/outdated/fall off the bandwagon or call it what you want. I only came across the DVD yesterday and watched it last night. My immediate reaction after the final credit roll is to hit the ‘Play’ button again! It was that Awesome! Owh man, I knew I already read the interview on Meg Ryan in the Oct 2008 InStyle Magazine (The same interview piece where she told that her ex- Dennis Quaid cheated on her during their marriage) and of course there are stories of her latest project – ‘The Women’. Anyway, let me tell you why I found this film is brilliant.


1) The casts
Look the cast member folks! Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Debra Messing, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Eva Mendes, Candice Bergen, Debi Mazar, Cloris Leachman (most hilarious of all!) etc. If that doesn’t impress you, I don’t know what will.



2) The story
Although this is a remake from original movie of same title from 1930s, this latest/renewed version was done with superb themes (still on issues related to women but ‘twas time/generation-appropriate to current world), great story telling, excellent style of flow and deliciously witty. I laughed so hard especially by those funny lines by Edie Cohen (Debra Messing), Alex Fisher (Jada Pinkett-Smith) and Maggie the housekeeper (Cloris Leachman). The director of film, Diane English has done a superb job!


3) It’s an all women characters

How refreshing. (considering I have not watch the original 1930s one)



4) Gorgeous clothes

From the collection of Mary Haines (Meg Ryan) - Woho! yummy! It was designed originally by Narciso Rodriguez. How talented!


As much I would like to blab here more about the film, I think you should go get a copy/download and watch it (if you haven’t already.) I seriously think this is a heart-warming, empowering and insanely hilarious film!




*Spritzer Girl a.k.a Crystal Allen- the girl who works at Saks selling perfumes behind counter. Played by Eva Mendes in the movie.

No comments: