Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You?

Today, 10 years ago. A monumental event happened that has changed the world we live. Since I was born, I was taught that Islam means peace and to be good to your family, neighbours and friends even if they are not muslim. We learnt to respect others and to live side by side in harmony. Is it too much grandiose idea? No,it wasnt. At least,that's what I've experienced growing up (and until today), in my lovely country, Malaysia. However,I'm not that naive not to noticed or aware of some school of thoughts and islamic sects in other parts of Islamic world that are going to the extreme in their quest of fighting infidels and in name of jihad. But, when you choose and resort to violence, war and terrorist acts, does it solve any issues or indifferences that you have? What about the lives of innocent peoples? Are they just collateral? My heart goes to families of perished victims, irregardless of their beliefs and religions. I hope there are people who believe that we DO can live side by side in harmony,in this world. Peace y'all.

No comments: